Monday, June 25, 2012

Father's Day-Generations



They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. Although there is truth to this saying, I often find that you need to know the story that goes along with the images to fully understand their relevance and meaning. So is the case with these images I captured in time for Father's Day this year.

I knew I wanted to make my husband a photo gift for Father's Day, with images of our two sons. The opportunity fully presented itself when we went to High Prairie the weekend of June 9th, for my brother's Wedding. 

We stayed the weekend with Josh's parents, Allen and Jean, as we always do when we go up North for a visit. Josh had been working very hard on a wooden rocking horse, a gift our baby nephew, since my brother and his wife did not want Wedding Gifts.

Josh, and Allen, went out to the workshop to work on this horse. 
Both men are very talented carpenters, as many men in the Imrie family are, including Neil Imrie, Allen's dad, Josh's Grandfather. 

Neil passed away at 90 years of age, in 2006. He had moved up to High Prairie, to live with Jean and Allen during the last several years of his life. It was nice to have spent so much time with him, during these years. 
Neil always held onto the hope, and desire to live in his own cottage, on Allen and Jean's property. Josh and Neil worked very hard to build this cottage, but unfortunately Neil's age, and health took it's toll, and he never did get to live in the cottage. 

The cottage has now become Allen's workshop. It's filled with all kinds of tools. Many of Neil's belongings and mementos still adorn the shelves and walls.

So when our son's, Brodie and David, went out to the workshop to see what their Daddy and Grandpa were doing, I knew it was a true family moment. Great-Grandfather's workshop, Grandpa, Daddy, and Grandchildren, all under one roof, carrying on the Imrie tradition of carpentry and woodworking. 

I love the pictures of the kids exploring the workshop, and discovering things as little boys do. I really love the photos of Father and Son working together, as they have done so many times. (Years ago, when we still lived in High Prairie, they even had a Contracting Business together)

The images I captured of their day in the workshop made a beautiful album, a special Father's Day gift for both my husband, and my father-in-law. 

I love them so much, I have to share. 






No comments:

Post a Comment