Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hike to a Waterfall, October 28th, 2009


More nice weather this week, so we went for another hike to get some fresh air. I had been told there was a waterfall within hiking distance, so Brodie and I set out to see if we could get to it. I decided to hike along the stream bed for a change of pace. 
  It was a bit harder hiking in spots, as we were used to hiking along the road. The sound of the rushing stream was relaxing. In some places there was a lot of army junk left over. Old pipes, pieces of metal, and the remains of old power lines. I felt a bit nervous as we hiked, as I hoped we would not accidentally stumble over any unexploded ammunition.
  After hiking a few miles, I said to myself as I came to another bend in the stream, "If the waterfall is not around this bend, then we will turn back." We went around the bend, and there it was. 
  It was very nice to see, worth the hike. Waterfalls, and moving water,  are some of my favorite things to photograph. I made a few images. I could have stayed for quite awhile, but Brodie was not having much fun. I'm not sure if it scared him, or what, but he didn't want us to be there, so we hiked back. 
  The light turned to nice evening light as we walked back, giving nice color to the landscape. We could see Unalaska Island very well, and Mt. Mucushion. 





No comments:

Post a Comment